Welcome to Encinitas' Projects page!
On April 18, 2017, Encinitas' City Council held a planning session for fiscal years 2017-18 and 2018-19. During this Special Meeting, Council identified the following top four focus areas:
1. Attain a legally compliant Housing Element
2. Improve connectivity and mobility for all users
3. Make the rail corridor a better neighbor
4. Promote green initiatives and protect natural resources
Council also identified the following as values or operating principles:
1. Protecting community character/agricultural programs
2. Financial sustainability
Featured City Projects
The City follows the guidelines above when moving forward with projects, embarking on studies or programs, or implementing policy.
Active Projects & Projects Completed in the Current Fiscal Year
Regional SANDAG North Coast Corridor (NCC) Projects
In addition to the projects undertaken by the City, regional highway, rail, environmental, and coastal access improvement projects are underway in the cities of Encinitas and Solana Beach as part of Build NCC, the first package of projects being constructed through the 40-year North Coast Corridor (NCC) Program. Click here to learn more about these projects.